BIN runs following services
- 151 bedded hospital with neuromedicine & neurosurgery facility.This accounts for dedicated inpatient care of patients with separate male and female wards with a dedicated NICU (Neuro Intensive Care Unit) towards the management of critically ill patients of both Neuromedicine and Neurosurgery.
- The Department of Neurology runs an exhaustive outpatient department from Monday-Saturday 6 days a week with an average attendance of more than 3000 patients/week
- Emergency: This is a 24/7 functional unit providing care regularly to patients presenting with a wide range of neurological emergencies.
- Special clinic runs 6 days a week
- Epilepsy ( every Monday)
- Stroke ( every Wednesday)
- Movement Disorders ( every Thursday)
- Botulinum Toxin ( every Friday)
- Cognitive (Dementia) ( every tuedsday)
- Neurogenetics ( every Tuesday)
- Paediatric Neurology ( alternate Friday)
- Neuromuscular ( alternate Friday)
- Headache ( Saturday)
- Pain ( under Dept of Anesthesia)
- Well equipped two Operation Theatres.
- Dedicated 8 bedded Neuro Intensive Care Unit.
- Neuro Navigation System.
- Interventional Radiology (Diagnostics + Therapeutic)
- Digital Subtraction Angiography.
- MRI -3 Tesla in PPP mode.
- C.T scan (16 slice)
- X ray, USG, ECG
- BIN has well equipped Pathology and Biochemistry department.
- Physiotherapy department.
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojona (RSBY)
This laboratory is a dedicated unit towards different aspects of electrophysiology and forms an essential part of neurological workup. This started years ago with basic EEG and EMG, and now it consists of a wide range of investigations which include
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Video EEG
- Portable EEG for bedside/NICU recording
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Repetitive nerve stimulation (RNST)
- Visual evoked potential (VEP), Brainstem auditory evoked response (BAER), Somatosensory evoked potential (SSEP)
- Polysomnography ( for sleep study)
- Autonomic function testing
It’s a 1st govt. set up in Eastern India. It started BIN from the year of 2010. Diagnosis study of different neurological genetic disorder.Diagnosis, Research, Publication, Project works are done in this lab.Counseling of patients & their family who are suffering neurological disorder for their future planning is done here.With the spread of genetic studies across the globe, it was felt that a department cannot be complete without the support of genetics to complement the clinical and augment the investigational aspects of Neurology. Thus was conceived the idea which soon materialised into a dedicated Neurogenetics Laboratory. Today it is a fully functional unit which regularly perform genetic study on various neurological disorders which include
i) Hereditary Ataxia
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) comprehensive panel- SCA 1,2,3,6,7,8,12
- Friedreich Ataxia
ii) Movement Disorder
- Huntington Disease
- Dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA)
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)/ Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)